Bee Sew Whimsical

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Finnabair - 2014 Warm & Cosy Challenge


Hi Snickerdoodle Friends... Oh Gooshness, it has been so long since I've been here. Life is full of it's own challenges - this past year has certainly presented some not so interesting challenges, which basically put my entire creative life on hold. It's been over 12 months since I've either designed or created... oh boy have I MISSED creating. This challenge is just what I've needed!! It has kickstarted some mixed media creations and even designing some new quilting/stitching projects. 

While making some changes... I came across Finnabair's - WARM & COSY CHALLENGE. I love this ladies work, and her creative team - well they know how to rock creativity too... Finnabair is the bomb in creativity and she certainly presented a challenge with this. I hope when she's next in Australia, I get the chance to take a class with her.  Back to the challenge... let's just say - were I live in Sydney, Australia... even our winters have plenty  of sunshine - chilly/cold but pretty mild days. 

Colour and words inspire my creativity as a designer... so with no photo's of anything remotely warm and cozy, I hit Pinterest. Here is my inspiration board...
Colour Play - Clotted Creams. Chocolate Browns and Dusty Grey Blue
Words - they speak for themselves, my favourite things outside of designing and creating...

and of course... mixing everything together with fabric, paper and mixed media supplies. For the first time, I got to use Finnabair's Art Ingredients... Soft Matte Gel and Light Paste. Heavenly products to work with and so versatile. 

What did I eventually create??





I started writing instructions and even wanting to create a video but time ran away from me and honestly, it's been forever since I've done a video that I got a little scared... so next time I'll pull my creative girl pants up and create a video.  For now, I hope you all enjoy what I've created... it's dimensional, uses my favourite colours that always inspire warm, cozy thoughts and it represents my love of quilting, mixed media and reading and being snuggled up warm at the same time when the weather gets chilly... what more does a girl need? 

Below you will find Finnabair's beautiful creation for this challenge. Additionally check out all the amazing creations from her creative team and all the entries so far... OMGooshness - there is a bucket load of beautiful creations to view.

take care - have a gorgeous day filled with creativity and inspiration
hugs
Darlene

Here's how our Cosy Challenge works:

First of all, make sure you blog hop with my Creative Team. Below you can see the list of all the blogs where you can find lots of warm and fuzzy inspirations.
Make yourself a huge cup of hot tea and visit each of the ladies to see their Cosy interpretations of the challenge. Don't forget to leave a warm comment! :)




Are you feeling warmed and inspired?
So here's what you can do:


1) Find a photo that will serve as an inspirational jumping point for you. It can be any image from the internet or a photo you take yourself;

2) Create a work (layout, collage, canvas, cards - anything goes) that represents the concept of coziness and warmth;

3) Leave a link to your work in this post using the linky tool below. 

2 comments:

  1. Darlene this is stunning creation. I love your inspirational photos. Adore the colours and use of fabrics. Thank you for sharing your talent. Many thanks for taking part in our cosy challenge. Loooove Marta xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely take on the challenge! Love how your interpret your collage! Thank you for joining the "Cosy" challenge!

    ReplyDelete